HUMAN LITERACY: TEACHING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Would you like a predictable method for “Ahah!” Experiences?
Are you looking for the essence of ongoing growth and change?
Are you looking for one program which applies at every level of organization and at home as well as at work?
The PRISMS/S Focusing Process (PDF: Proceso de Solucione de Problemas Prismas/s ), with its Core Skills of Intuitive Focusing and Focused Listening, allows “hunches” and “intuitions” to open into a spectrum of possibilities and “Ahah!” experiences.
For organizations, PRISMS/S provides the explicit “how to” for actualizing the goals of other approaches, such as Gladwell’s Blink Thinking, Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence, Total Quality Management, and Fish!
Our Collaborative Edge Focusing Decision Making Method incorporates PRISMS/S into task-oriented groups for creative thinking, conflict resolution and win/win decision making.
Through Creative Edge Focusing Pyramid, we provide seven self-help methods which allow PRISMS/S to be integrated into every level of problem solving, from personal to interpersonal to group/team to community to organizations.
- Creative Edge Organizations
- Building Supportive Community
- Educating, Especially for ADHD
- Positive Parenting
- Conscious Relationships
- Experiential Focusing Therapy
- Experiencing the Sacred
Focusing Self-Help Package: manual in English or Spanish, four CDs, two-hour DVD.
- Manual: Focusing in Community: How To Start A Listening/Focusing Support Group (Focusing en Comunidad: Como Empezar un Grupo de Apoyo de Escucha Y Focusing en Espanol)
- DVD: Listening/Focusing Demonstrations (120 minutes)
- AUDIO CD SET ONE: ALCHEMY (in English)
- AUDIO CD SET TWO: INTUITIVE FOCUSING TRAINING (in English)
- Free!!! Instant Ahah!'s E-Newsletter: Reminders and Tips
- Free Creative Edge Online Discussion/Support Group
- If you want more help, you will find articles, books, manuals, audio- and video-tapes, CDs and DVDs in our Resources section.
Dr. Kathy McGuire received the Ph.D. from University of Chicago, working directly with Dr. Eugene Gendlin, creator of Focusing (Focusing, Bantam, 1981, 1984. She has had a thirty-five year career as a psychotherapist and workshop leader and Certifying Coordinator for Gendlin's Focusing Institute.
But first, if you haven’t yet, download our FREE Instant “Ahah!s” Mini-Manual and FREE Focusing Instructions, to see our other Free Resources, and to sign up for ongoing support.
Want to learn more about Focused Listening and Intuitive Focusing?
- Subscribe to weekly e-course
- Join e-discussion/practice/support groups
- Purchase Self-Help Package
- Purchase Coaching/Consulting
These materials are offered purely as self-help skills. In providing them, Dr. McGuire is not engaged in rendering psychological, financial, legal, or other professional services. If expert assistance or counseling is needed, the services of a competent professional should be sought.